The following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
“Browning Reagle Insurance”: Browning Reagle & Murphy, LLC (d/b/a Browning Reagle Insurance Agency).
“Personal Information”: Information about individuals that is of a personally identifiable nature such as name, address, email address, Social Security number, credit card numbers, bank account information or telephone number.
“Comprehensive Information”: Any information that is not of a personally identifiable nature such as demographic information, pages visited on our website, or which website linked you to ours.
“Site”: The Browning Reagle Insurance Agency website, BrowningReagle.com, and all of its pages.
As a current/potential customer of Browning Reagle Insurance, we would like to take this opportunity to both thank you for your business and to share with you the importance our agency places upon protecting the privacy of information we gather from you in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Browning Reagle Insurance is a member of the financial services industry and, as such, our agency has been and continues to be subject to federal and state privacy laws regarding the collection and exchange of your information.
Information Collection & Sharing
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a nonaffiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices. This notice must include information such as the type of information it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with state regulations and the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Browning Reagle Insurance.
Furthermore, we are required by the GLBA to inform you that you have the right to “opt out” of such information sharing. Enforcing this right will prevent us from sharing nonpublic personal financial information about you with a nonaffiliated third party for any purpose that is not specifically authorized by law. You must notify us directly and immediately if you wish to enforce this right.
In regards to health information, we may not share your personal information without asking for your permission. This is called your right to “opt in” of such information sharing.
I. Information we collect and the means used to collect:
Browning Reagle Insurance collects information about our customers that is necessary to provide those services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. Browning Reagle Insurance collects this necessary information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms; this information may include, but is not limited to your name, address, date of birth, gender, marital status, employment info, Social Security number, driver’s license number, vehicle info, status of home ownership, and prior insurance information.
- Information about our clients’ transactions with us; this information may include, but is not limited to insurance coverage premiums and selection, claims and payment history and information necessary for billing and payment. Other information used to investigate and settle insurance claims, such as witness statements and police reports, may be included as well.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency; this information may include, but is not limited to, a driving record or insurance score report. We disclose consumer report information only as necessary to quote or service your insurance policy and as permitted by law. By obtaining a quote, you consent to our sharing of this information with companies and their affiliates for underwriting purposes.
To collect customer information from the above-stated sources, Browning Reagle Insurance may use, but is not limited to, the following means of communication to gather information: written, in-person, telephone, facsimile, electronically, and online.
II. How we share client information with nonaffiliated third parties:
We don’t share information about our customers or former customers with nonaffiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, Browning Reagle Insurance may share all of the information listed above with nonaffiliated third parties for, including but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Information that is necessary to service or process the insurance needs of our clients, in a manner that is consistent with the usual and customary services provided by independent insurance agents. Such usual and customary services or processes provided by Browning Reagle Insurance to its customers include but are not limited to underwriting, shopping the renewal, rating, placement, and providing quotes for insurance that is germane to the coverage the customer places with our agency.
- Information that is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of our client’s records.
- Information that is necessary to resolve client disputes or inquiries.
- Information that is required by individuals or entities who are assessing our legal compliance.
- Information that is required for Browning Reagle Insurance to comply with the law.
- To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies.
- Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability
Because we respect your privacy, we do not sell, trade or otherwise disclose your identity or any other personal information about you to third parties for their marketing purposes. This includes information we obtain concerning all applicants, customers and former customers.
III. How we share client information with affiliated parties:
We do not share client information with any affiliate.
IV. Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your information. These safeguards include but are not limited to the following:
- We restrict access to non-public personal information about our clients and former clients to those employees who need to know that information in order to assist in providing services or products to the customer.
- We will punish any employees who impermissibly share client information.
- We use a secure Internet and e-mail provider to protect the confidentiality of electronic communications.
V. Privacy in relation to activity and transactions on our website:
1. Other types of information we collect and how we use it:
We may collect and store comprehensive information about visitors of this Site. By collecting this information, we are able to track the number of visitors to the Site and its various pages, diagnose issues with our server, track visitor activity, and administer the Site. Comprehensive information such as this allows us to learn more about what you and our customers expect from us, so that we may better serve your needs. Because this comprehensive information is not personally identifiable, we may use the comprehensive information for any purpose whatsoever, and share comprehensive information with third parties for any purpose whatsoever. Below are ways we may collect this comprehensive information:
- HTTP cookies, flash cookies, or other similar technologies.
- Pixel-tags also known as web beacons or clear GIF’s or similar means. The data collected includes such anonymous information as what operating system and browser you use, how you navigate to and through our Site, and how long you stay on our web pages.
- Internet Protocol (IP) address which is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and which page(s) you visited. The collection of IP addresses is common on the Internet and automatically done by a majority of websites.
2. Links to other websites:
3. Social Media:
Browning Reagle Insurance maintains profiles and/or pages on various social media sites including Facebook and LinkedIn. If you choose to “Like” Browning Reagle Insurance on Facebook or take any similar action on another social media site, you are providing your consent to receive information updates, including solicitations, from Browning Reagle Insurance. To stop receiving this information from Browning Reagle Insurance on a social media site, you must follow the procedure established by the site. For example, on Facebook, you must click “Unlike” on Browning Reagle Insurance’s page.
4. Children’s Privacy:
Browning Reagle Insurance’s Site is not directed to or intended for children. Browning Reagle Insurance does not knowingly collect or post information from children under the age of 13 in compliance with laws protecting the privacy of children. You can visit the Federal Trade Commissions website to learn more about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).